Saturday 5 May, 2007

Afternoon musings

Its one of those hot summer afternoons when you do not feel like moving even a finger. You want to turn into a sloth and vegetate in some water body. But here I am, sitting in my office, trying to decipher some illegible script and entering some life-altering hardcore 'qualitative data'....

My office is supposedly air conditioned. But I guess after coming in the Blue Star people will remove their ad... This one freezes just one person... the one sitting directly underneath. The rest of us are supposed to fend for ourselves....

My colleagues, all looking very busy, are perhaps in a similar state of irritation. How else can you defend the msgr. chats that are happening across desks which are literally on each other? Yesterday, I actually got caught talking to the girl in the next desk on yahoo. But no one seemed to be surprised. I guess they must have found it funny that someone cared enough to point out I was upto something 'no good'!!!

My laptop is so hot that I cant rest my hands on it. I get cold water from the fridge and it turns luceworm in 3 minutes. My diet coke ofcourse tastes like piss after the first 3 sips.... The earphones are also getting hot... This afternoon is slowly beginning to feel hellish... So all I can do is sit and hope there would another batch of evening showers to soothe my scortched soul...

No comments: